The BB-SCPx series of RS-232 to RS-422/485 converters are compact and tough, designed and tested to meet heavy industrial EMC standards. The RS-232 signal is connected via a female DB9 connector. The RS-422/485 (2-wire and 4-wire) signal is connected via a removable terminal block, making wiringeasy. Bit-wise enabled circuitry automatically detects the character time-out eliminating the need to set DIP switches for the baud rate.
Power is connected through a two-position, removable terminal block. A 10-30V DC external power source is required (not included, sold separately).
Basic model BB-SCP211-DFTB3 is non-isolated and made for less demanding temperature extremes. This model can be used when isolation is not required, such as applications in which the data line does not exit the control cabinet.
Model BB-SCP311T-DFTB3 offers 2 kV isolation and stands up to -40 to +80°C temperatures. This is the more rugged model of the series and an excellent investment for protecting your expensive control equipment.
• Convert RS-232 data signals to RS-422/485
• 2kV optical isolation (Model# BB-SCP311T-DFTB3)
• ESD protection – 8 kV contact, 15 kV air
• Data rate: up to 460.8 kbps (bit-wise enable)
• -40 to +80 °C wide operating temperature (Model# BB-SCP311T-DFTB3)
• Rugged metal panel mount case (DIN rail adapters sold separately)
• 10-30 VDC external power source (not included, sold separately)
• UL Listed